26 Oct

Kia ora koutou,

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we have worked with key stakeholders. Understandably, there have been many emails, calls, and messages from all stakeholders seeking clarity on the status of the Condors tournament and associated activities.

Like many people and places around Aotearoa, 2021 has required significant changes to the way we work, socialize, and carry out our day-to-day lives due to the ongoing impacts of Covid-19. Schools and organizations have had to make significant adaptations to school sports traditions to protect and safeguard the health and well-being of their communities.

The Condor Rugby Football Club Inc. (Condors), Board has taken a values-driven holistic health approach to prioritize the health and wellbeing of our rangatahi, whānau, and the taiao (environment).

We were all looking forward to coming together in December, however, it must be safe for us to do so as the Hauora of all involved will always be the most important aspect. To this end, we have decided to defer the tournament to April 2022 (dates TBC). The operations team is working with School Sports NZ, NZ Rugby, and key stakeholders. We ask you to please be patient as we continue our collaboration, and we will provide everyone with updates as plans progress.

We are extremely grateful to our family of supporters, and we want to thank you for your endorsement, trust, and support.

As always if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Mere RangihunaTournament Director022